Mile Square Health Center
Physician Assistant, Psychiatric - Mile Square Health Center (Cicero)
Mile Square Health Center is hiring a full time Physician Assistant, Psychiatric to join our patient care team in our Cicero clinic.
Provide psychiatric health care for assigned patients as determined by scope of practice guidelines and specialty. This includes completion of a health assessment, determining diagnosis, planning and prescribing treatment within the parameters of medical staff privileges at UIHHSS and area of expertise. Participate in educational experiences of nursing students, medical students, residents and other health care disciplines.
Psychiatric Assessment and Therapy
- Examine or conduct diagnostic tests on patient to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test findings to diagnose mental disorder.
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments, in collaboration with the Mile Square Health Center behavioral health integration team.
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat disorders. Conduct individual, group, and family psychotherapy and facilitate psychiatric rehabilitation Provide crisis intervention and treatment.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers, nurses, care coordinators and other professionals associated with the behavioral health integration team to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals.
- Prepare and submit case reports and summaries to government and mental health agencies.
- Advise and inform guardians, relatives, schools, agencies and significant others of patients' conditions and treatment when necessary.
- Review, evaluate and consult with other behavioral health professionals regarding their treatment procedures and outcomes.
- Participate in the educational experiences of nursing students, medical students, residents and other health care disciplines.
- Develop and present lectures and/or seminars to graduate nursing students, medical students, residents and other health professional students.
- Participate in the development of clinical policies and/or protocols concerning the quality of patient care. Develop nurse practitioner practices at clinical sites.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Graduate degree - Physician Assistant-Certified with a concentration in psychiatry.
- Exam certified as an Adult or Family Psychiatric Physician Assistant (Psychiatry CAQ).
- Unrestricted Illinois License as a Physician's Assistant.
- DEA-X waiver preferred.
- Current Valid American Heart Association BLS/CPR certification.
Salary & Benefits:
UI Health offers competitive benefit packages, including: vacation days, paid holidays, Floating Holidays, State University Retirement System, tuition waiver, tuition discount for dependents, and excellent medical, dental, and vision packages.
For fullest consideration, please submit a complete application and supplemental resume by December 3, 2021.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :