Pediatrix Medical Group
Requisition ID: 2023-40617
Specialty: Practitioner - Physician Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
HR Rep / Recruiter: Katherine McPike
Pediatric Physician Assistant opportunity at a well-respected, expanding Pediatric ENT practice
Children's ENT of Houston, a specialized and child-centered practice, is seeking a skilled and compassionate Pediatric ENT Physician Assistant to join our healthcare team. As a Pediatric ENT PA, you will play a vital role in providing comprehensive care to pediatric patients with common to complex ear, nose, and throat conditions. Collaborating with our internationally recognized physicians, audiologists, and staff, you will contribute to the delivery of exceptional patient care and uphold our commitment to service excellence.
- Conduct comprehensive patient assessments, including detailed medical histories and physical examinations, to evaluate and diagnose pediatric patients with ear, nose, and throat conditions.
- Assist in the management and treatment of a broad range of ENT disorders, utilizing evidence-based guidelines and best practices.
- Administer appropriate treatments, medications, and therapies as directed by the supervising physicians.
- Perform minor procedures and interventions under the guidance and supervision of physicians, ensuring patient safety and comfort.
- Provide patient education, counseling, and support to pediatric patients and their families, addressing concerns, explaining treatment plans, and promoting preventive measures.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate closely with the ENT physicians, audiologists, and other healthcare professionals to deliver coordinated and multidisciplinary care to pediatric patients.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, and caregivers, explaining medical information, treatment options, and follow-up care in a clear and compassionate manner.
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare providers or specialists, as necessary, ensuring continuity of care for patients.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of patient encounters, assessments, treatments, and interventions, adhering to practice guidelines and regulatory requirements.
Master Degree Required
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance & Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability options
- Advanced and continuing education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Professional liability insurance**
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- Employee stock purchase program – 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :