Pediatrix Medical Group
Requisition ID: 2023-41035
Specialty: Practitioner - Physician Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
HR Rep / Recruiter: Ann Taggart
Neonatal Physician Assistant - Leading South Florida Children's Hospital
Pediatrix Medical Group is seeking an experienced NICU trained Physician Assistant to serve at the prestigious Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital (located in Memorial Regional Hospital) in Hollywood, Florida.
Join the largest NICU in Broward County and the only one designated as a Level IV:
- 62 Level-IV NICU beds and 22 Level-II beds; average daily census of 66
- Over 5,000 annual births
- Robust high-risk perinatal navigation program
- Full complement of pediatric subspecialists
- Care of full range of complex neonatal diagnoses
- On site ECMO, therapeutic hypothermia, BPD programs, full range of ventilation modes including HFOV, HFJV, NAVA
- Variety of shifts ranging from 10 hour to 24 hour
- Rotations to Memorial West and Memorial Miramar
With the addition of NICU services, Pediatrix is expanding its on-site support at Memorial, which already includes these subspecialties:
- Pediatric plastic surgery
- Pediatric urology
- Pediatric cardiology
- Fetal cardiology
- Adults congenital heart disease program
About the Facility
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital provides a child-friendly environment when children and families need it most. Since 1992, this leading pediatric facility has grown and expanded services while maintaining a focus on the community. The Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is one of only 11 Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Centers in the state. The hospital also offers accommodations, located on the hospital campus, for families while their babies receive expert care. Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is part of the Memorial Healthcare System, the nation’s fifth-largest healthcare network.
Join the Pediatrix family:
About the City
Nestled on Florida’s east coast between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, Hollywood is a classic beach town that has charmed visitors since the 1920's. The beach features the Broadwalk, a brick paved oceanfront promenade that runs along the sand for over two miles, offering inviting cafes, boutiques and hotels to the many pedestrians and bikers. Minutes from the beach, the downtown area features historic buildings, colorful murals, expansive parks, and quaint tree lined streets full of sidewalk cafes, art galleries and boutiques. The entire South Florida market offers a dynamic urban/suburban lifestyle with an abundance of cultural and recreational amenities. The high quality of life – including year-round summer weather, exciting multiculturalism and no state income tax – attracts new residents from all over the country and around the world.
Must have either completed a one year residency training in a NICU or have ample NICU experience.
Board certified Physician Assistant
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance & Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability options
- Advanced and continuing education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Professional liability insurance**
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- Employee stock purchase program – 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :